Natural salt contains minerals needed by the body to function properly. Minerals are inorganic nutrients that are absorbed by the body in the form of salts. There are eight major elements required by the body and the other elements are needed in traces. The major elements are calcium, sodium, potassium, chlorine, phosphorus, sulfur, and magnesium. A few of the trace elements include; iron, fluorine, copper, zinc, chromium, iodine, manganese, cobalt, etc.
The benefits of unrefined natural salt include:
- Natural salt helps to maintain a regular heartbeat due to its ability to regulate blood pressure.
- Natural salt helps clear congestion in the lungs and nasal passages. It clears mucus, phlegm, and congested sinuses. Salt is a strong natural antihistamine
- Natural salt helps to balance the body s blood sugar levels which benefits people suffering from diabetes.
- Natural salt helps to remove excess acidity from the cells of the body which helps to help prevent such conditions as Cancer
- Natural salt is essential for power generation at the sites of energy needed by the cells. Essential to the production of the body’s principal energy source, adenosine triphosphate (ATP), natural salt contains elements that are the source of protons necessary for ATP production.
- Natural salt is essential to nerve cell communication and information processing which is vital to proper brain function.
- Natural salt is essential to maintaining strong bones and warding off such bone conditions as Osteoporosis. As well, it is necessary for the absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract.
- Natural salt does not contain any chemical additives that can be harmful to the body. For instance, manufactured salt contains aluminum which is harmful to the nervous system. Aluminum has been implicated as one of the major causes of Alzheimer s disease.